As COVID-19 spreads rapidly around the globe, we find ourselves living in unprecedented times. With the closing of schools, bars, restaurants, gyms, and other staples of normal life, it’s understandably scary to think of the prospect of going outside. It can be confusing to wonder about how to get medical treatment while practicing social distancing. Is a cough just a cough, or the symptom of something much worse? And is it worth having that cough checked at a busy and crowded medical facility, where there may be others who actually have contracted the coronavirus? That’s why telemedicine can be a vital resource during this coronavirus outbreak.
What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine is one of the most innovative developments in health care, made possible by strides in technology during recent years. It links patients with a health care provider via phone, app, or other digital platform. The clinician can discuss a patient’s concerns, check symptoms, and offer treatment recommendations or guidelines on seeking further medical care. The consultation is all done from the comfort of the patient’s home, providing medical care that is both convenient and accessible.
How Does Telemedicine Work?
At Aspire Regenerative, we are proud to offer telemedicine appointments to all of our patients, especially those who are sick or can’t come to the office because of self-quarantine. We believe using telemedicine during disasters such as the coronavirus pandemic is extremely valuable because it prioritizes the safety of our patients as well as health care professionals. By limiting exposure to the virus, we are doing our part to contain its spread within the community and lessen the impact on our health care system.
Our telemedicine appointments are conducted on the popular internet conferencing platform Zoom and complies with all HIPAA regulations. Zoom is also accessible via phone if internet service is unavailable. During this session, our health care provider will conduct the initial intake and health evaluation; telemedicine is also available for post-treatment visits. If you already have an in-office visit scheduled, you can easily call 888-852-7747 to schedule a telemedicine appointment instead.
Telemedicine for viruses is a handy tool for medical professionals, one which is seeing more widespread use. Especially in situations such as the COVID-19 outbreak, it has the potential to help flatten the curve and help stem the tide of coronavirus cases. Telemedicine benefits include the following:
- People can stay home if they are feeling too weak to travel to a doctor’s office or urgent care facility.
- Patients at higher risk of catching coronavirus, such as older adults or people with compromised immune systems, can still consult with a health care provider without putting themselves in a place where the virus could be easily transmitted.
- By facilitating online medical care, telemedicine cuts down on overcrowding at medical offices, urgent care facilities, and hospitals.
- Telemedicine appointments are a simple way to screen patients for the COVID-19 virus, and health care professionals can guide patients on whether their symptoms are mild enough to stay home or serious enough to warrant in-person treatment.
- Online patient evaluation also limits virus exposure for health care professionals in the United States, who need to stay healthy to handle the growing influx of patients who are contracting coronavirus.
- People who need medical assistance unrelated to COVID-19 can seek advice without burdening overworked facilities tasked with dealing with the coronavirus.
The federal government has also recognized the importance of utilizing telemedicine during disasters. On March 6, 2020, President Donald Trump approved $8.3 billion in emergency funding, which included waiving restrictions on telemedicine for people on Medicare. The move allows people access to care without going out in public and risking https://www.viagrageneric.org/ coronavirus exposure. It also reinforces the concept of social distancing—staying home when possible, or keeping at least 6 feet between you and another person if you have to leave your home—that has become the norm during this public health crisis.
At Aspire Regenerative, telemedicine provides us with the means to offer continuous patient care. As always, we are closely monitoring the ever-changing status of the COVID-19 virus and following the recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We also have put in place our own protocols to ensure minimal risk of coronavirus exposure. The goal is to offer our patients the most innovative treatments in regenerative medicine, whether we see you in person or online.
If you want to learn more about our telemedicine appointments, or about how our services can help you during this particularly challenging time of pandemic, contact us today. Our customized treatment plans offer personalized results, both physically and psychologically.