IV Infusion Therapy
IV therapy has rocketed in popularity among professional athletes, CEOs, and those looking for a quick and effective way to replenish their bodies. You may have seen Instagram photos of celebrities like Chrissy Teigen or Cara Delevingne receiving treatments and wondered exactly what the benefits of this therapy might be. In this article, we’ll take a look at what makes IV infusion therapy so effective, how it works, and the many ways it can be used to help patients of all kinds.
What Makes IV Infusion Therapy So Effective?
When vitamins and nutrients (or even medications) are administered through an IV, they are more effective than when they are consumed as a liquid or pill. When we ingest food or vitamins, these essential nutrients must first pass through the digestive system and get broken down before they can be transported to the cells that need them. The human body is only able to utilize about ~50% of nutrients that are consumed orally.
In contrast, IV therapy delivers vitamins and minerals directly into the bloodstream, so 100% of the ingredients are immediately bioavailable. By eliminating the time it takes for nutrients to travel through the digestive tract, IV infusion therapy replenishes the body faster and much more effectively.
Who is a Good Candidate for IV Therapy?
The healing benefits of IV therapy are ideal for anyone looking to boost their immune system, replenish lost nutrients and feel better all around. The body needs a certain amount of vitamins and minerals to maintain normal, healthy functioning, but most of us fall short of consuming the optimum level of nutrients in our diet. Physicians have used IV therapy for years to bridge this gap and safely improve the health of patients with few risks or side effects. In addition to feeling your best after an IV infusion, some cocktails can also provide symptom relief from ailments such as fibromyalgia, migraines or asthma. Whether you have a specific concern or simply want to feel healthier and more energized, IV therapy could be the missing piece of your personal wellness plan.
While IV therapy can help you feel better or complement an existing treatment plan, you don’t have to be unwell to reap the benefits. As either a single treatment or something that you incorporate into your routine, IV therapy is effective for patients with varied wellness goals. Our team can develop customized treatments to help you feel like your best self with precise combinations of nutrients tailored to your unique needs.
What Are the Benefits of IV Therapy?
At Aspire Regenerative, we offer a range of IV therapies designed to help boost the immune system, support bone health, enhance cognitive function, and much more. As more people catch on to the perks of IV therapy, treatments have become more popular among those looking for a quick and effective solution to improve their overall health and wellness. Other benefits of IV therapy include:
- Increasing energy levels to combat fatigue and jet lag
- Boosting the immune system to tackle allergies, common colds and the flu
- Revitalizing the hair, skin and nails from the inside out
- Detoxifying after a relapse or late night out
- Enhancing your fitness routine with a faster recovery
- Improving mental clarity, focus and concentration
- Alleviating the symptoms of migraines or headaches
- Regulating blood glucose levels as part of a diabetic treatment plan
- Improving mood and sleep for overall wellness
IV Therapy at Aspire Regenerative
IV therapy can be completed in under an hour and treatments are administered in one of two ways: either via an IV syringe push (which is faster) or through an IV saline bag drip. With IV push therapy, fluids and nutrients are injected using a syringe and treatments typically last no longer than 15 minutes. However, not all vitamin infusions can be delivered via an IV push as some need to be administered more slowly with IV drip therapy. An IV drip relies on gravity to slowly trickle the nutrients into an IV line from a saline bag suspended above your head. While IV drip infusions can take between 30 to 180 minutes to complete, this technique can give the body more time to absorb the nutrients and reduce certain side effects. Regardless of how your IV therapy is administered, patients are seated comfortably in a reclining sofa chair for the duration of treatment and are able to read, listen to music, talk on their phone, and even work on their laptop or tablet.
Treatments are customized to each individual patient and our IV infusion therapy offerings include:
Aspire Regenerative IV Therapy Menu
- Aspire Immunity Booster- This IV nutritional therapy treatment enhances the immune system, helps shorten recovery times if you’re already feeling under the weather, and is a great preventative for keeping flu and cold season at bay. Key ingredients include Zinc, Vitamin C, and Glutathione.
- Aspire Jet Lag Relief - This IV nutritional therapy is tailored to strengthen the immune system, boost energy levels, and keep you hydrated, so you can maintain peak function even through changing time zones. Whether you’re a frequent flyer or planning a big vacation, this IV therapy can help you make the most of your trip. Key ingredients include B12 and Vitamin C.
- Aspire Fitness - Our unique fitness IV is designed to supply muscles with the nutrients they need to recover quickly and efficiently after a workout. This IV therapy can be used before or after training sessions and works well as part of a regular fitness routine. Key ingredients include Magnesium and NAD+.
- Aspire Sleep Easy - This IV therapy is designed to enhance the body’s ability to manufacture sleep. Key ingredients include Magnesium and various nutrients proven to relax the mind and body.
- Aspire to a Better Mood - Seeking stress relief? This mood boosting IV therapy combines calming nutrients, precursors to serotonin, as well as Methylfolate to alleviate stress and improve overall mood.
- Aspire Brain-Booster - This cognition boosting IV enhances concentration, improves processing speed, and hones mental clarity. Key ingredients include B Vitamins and coenzyme NAD+ which are fuel for the brain.
- Aspire Energy Boost - This IV infusion therapy boosts energy by providing fuel for the body on a cellular level. Key ingredients include B12 and coenzyme NAD+.
- Aspire Cardio Support - Your heart deserves some TLC, too! Support your cardiovascular system with this IV therapy featuring heart-healthy ingredients including B Vitamins and Methylfolate.
- Aspire Nourished Skin, Hair, and Nails - Strengthen your hair and nails with this unique IV infusion therapy. Key ingredients include B Vitamins, Biotin, and trace minerals needed for long, strong, and healthy hair and nails.
- Aspire Bone Support - Drinking milk isn’t the only way to support your bones. This IV includes a blend of B Vitamins, Potassium, and Trace Minerals that help support and strengthen bones.
- Aspire Breathe Easy - This IV therapy is ideal for those facing respiratory challenges. It includes Magnesium and other key ingredients that support healthy breathing.
- Aspire Headache / Migraine - This IV can help treat mild to severe acute headaches and migraines, or can be used as part of a headache/migraine prevention protocol. Key nutrients may include B Vitamins and Magnesium.
- Aspire Blood Sugar Control - Ideal for patients coping with diabetes or prediabetes, this IV therapy is targeted at regulating blood sugar. Key nutrients include B Vitamins and Chromium.
- Aspire Hangover Relief - Get relief after a night of celebrations with this IV hydration therapy that alleviates the symptoms of a hangover. Key ingredients include Magnesium and coenzyme NAD+.
- Aspire Detox - We understand that the path to recovery isn’t always a straight line. If you have relapsed, we are here to support you on your journey to wellness. This detox IV includes the coenzyme NAD which has been shown to aid in the addiction recovery process by reducing withdrawal symptoms.
À La Carte - We also offer an à la carte menu, for a more personalized IV therapy approach.This menu includes:
- High Dose Vitamin C
- Myer’s Cocktail
Can IV Therapy Be Combined With Other Treatments?
Yes! IV infusions can be combined with other regenerative therapies or used alongside an existing treatment plan to further improve your health and wellness. Combining IV therapy with hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) can increase nutrient absorption, nourish the cells and promote greater healing to enhance the therapeutic benefits of each treatment. IV therapy can also aid in tissue repair when combined with PRP injections or incorporated into a healthy weight loss plan to provide the energy, hydration and nutrients you need to get fit. Whatever your needs, our experts can recommend the right combination of treatments to boost your wellness and help you reach your goals.
If you’re interested in IV therapy in San Diego or would like to see our complete list of IV infusion therapies, book a consultation at Aspire Regenerative today! Our clinicians can create a customized treatment plan and tailor your IV therapy to meet your specific needs.
IV Therapy FAQs
Answers to frequently asked questions about IV Therapy
How Does IV Therapy work?
Intravenous (IV) therapy is a delivery system by which medications, nutrients, fluids, and other agents can be infused into the body. Some of the major benefits of IV therapy include hydration, 100% bioavailability of the therapeutic agent, and speed of onset.
Does Insurance cover IV Therapy?
At this time insurance does not generally cover outpatient IV therapy. However, HSA/FSA accounts can be used to cover the cost of the therapy and a superbill can also be provided for the patient for submission to the insurance company for reimbursement. A military discount is offered in honor of our veterans.
How long does IV Therapy last?
The effects of IV therapy are variable based on the dosage of the agents used, the number of IV’s, and the individual properties of the infused agent. All infused agents are 100% bioavailable. In the case of IV nutrition therapy, the body will use and store nutrients significantly prolonging the effect.
How often should you get IV Therapy?
The frequency of an IV therapy infusion depends on the agent infused, condition being treated, and goals set by the patient and provider. Some IV protocols are done as an intensive such as a drug and alcohol detox program and others are done intermittently and vary from several times per week to monthly.
What is IV Therapy used for?
IV therapy is a diverse therapeutic category that can play a role in almost any condition. IV therapy can be used in following disorders and programs: drug and alcohol detox, exercise and fitness recovery, cognitive support, hangover relief, immune support, general health and wellness, and disorders of energy, pain, sleep, mood, headache, and many more.